Hibernate is a feature that when you turned off your PC but your apps stay open when the PC is turned on again you’re back to where you left off if put your PC on hibernate mode. In Windows 10, it is possible to add the Hibernate option to the power button menu inside the Start menu.
By default, when you open the Start menu in Windows 10 and click on the power button you will notice that there is no Hibernate mode.
In this tutorial, I will explain step by step how you can add “Hibernate” option on Windows 10.
Add Hibernate to the Start Menu in Windows 10:
1. Search for “Power Options” through your start menu.
2. You can also speak with “Cortana” and order it to open “Power Options”.
3. Once you successfully open “Power Options”, from the left side of the window click “Choose what the power buttons do”.
4. You may face that most of the options are gray, in this case, click “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
5. Scroll down and make sure to check Hibernate box, then make sure to save your settings.
6. To make sure that “Hibernate” option is available now, click on power icon from the start menu, and you will be able to hibernate your device.
7. If you are from the old school you can simply click Alt + F4, and all the shutdown option will pop up to you and then you can make sure that Hibernate option is available.