The main reason why one would change the location of the OneDrive folder is to free space from your main hard drive C:/. Don’t wait till your computer warn you that you are running out of space to take action.
OneDrive folder is located under C:\Users\YourUserName\OneDrive. The OneDrive folder might be taking a huge chunck of disk space on your system drive.
If you are planning on moving the OneDrive folder I would recommend moving it to an external hard drive or a network drive. Is not worth moving it to a different location withing the same drive C:/
Let’s move OneDrive folder in Windows 10
1. Unlinking your account. To do this, right-click on the OneDrive icon in the notification area, click Settings.
2. Select to the Account tab. Click Unlink This PC link. When you see the confirmation dialog, click Unlink account button.
3. Navigate to OneDrive folder. By default, OneDrive folder is located under C:\Users\YourUserName (where “C” is the drive where Windows 10 is installed).
4. Select the OneDrive folder by clicking or tapping on it, select the Home tab, and then click Move to icon.
5. From the menu select Choose location option.
6. Browse to select the new location where you would like to move the OneDrive folder to. Once done click Move button to begin moving the OneDrive folder to the new location.
7. Once the move is complete, double-click on the OneDrive icon in the notification area. If it’s not there, launch OneDrive using Start menu.
Enter your Microsoft account email address and then click Sign in button.
8. Enter your account password, and click Sign in button.
9. When prompted with “This is your OneDrive folder” dialog, click Change location link, navigate to the new location of the OneDrive folder, select OneDrive folder, and then click Select Folder button.
If you see the following confirmation dialog, click Use this location button to confirm the new location of OneDrive folder.
10. Click Next button.
11. Choose which folders you would like to sync or check the first option labelled Sync all files and folders in my OneDrive to sync all files and folders.
12. When you see the following “Your OneDrive is ready for you” window, please click Open my OneDrive folder button to open the same. That’s it!
Congratulations! You have successfully moved your OneDrive folder in Windows 10 and it will no longer occupy space on your main c:/ drive.