A Worker instance is created with a workername and a workerpassword. These are the same two values that need to be provided to the worker administrator when they create the worker.
The workername must be unique, of course. The password exists to prevent evildoers from interfering with the buildbot by inserting their own (broken) workers into the system and thus displacing the real ones.
If you haven’t know what is “Worker” or it was please search our site for Buildbot tutorial.
1.In this step we need to create and configure a worker by inserting “Buildbot-worker” and “create-worker” commands in the next 4 settings.
– “Worker” is the name of our directory where the setting will be saved there.
– “Localhost” is the address where the “Master” must be running.
– “Example-worker” is the name of “Worker” and it must be a unique name so it can be identified in “~/master/master.cfg” file.
– “pass” is the worker password and it must be the same that saved on the file “~/master/master.cfg”.
Let’s start to excuse the above steps on the “Terminal” by the below command.
buildbot-worker create-worker worker localhost example-worker pass
2. After “Worker” is connected, it will transmit the files to the directory of “BuildMaster”, But we need to configure it now, so we need to make some edits on this file and replace it with name and email., do this by the below command.
When you are done, save and exit the editor.
3. Open worker info file and edit it with the specs of your system, open it with nano like the below command.
then save and exit the file.
4. Now start the worker service by the below command.
buildbot-worker start worker
Now Master and Worker are configured well and running.
Run a build test
1. To perform a build test, we will open the Buildbot from the web browser and click “Builds”.
2. Then click on “Workers”, and click on “runtests”.
3. To perform a test click on the button “Force” which located on the top right corner.
4. Once you clicked on “Force” it will pop up to provide some information about the forced build.
4. As it’s a test build, we will leave all the fields blank, and we will click “Start Build”, and after few second the build shall complete successfully.
Now, our installation of Buildbot is done and we have taken minimal steps to secure our interface, The username, and password.