To completely disable OneDrive we’ll be using a Group Policy to remove it. This is in case you use an alternative to OneDrive like Carbonite.
The result of Removing OneDrive integration: Is that OneDrive will not appear in the navigation pane in File Explorer. Not only that; you will disable user access and sync to OneDrive in general.
To Disable OneDrive Integration:
1. Log in to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 as administrator.
2. Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run window.
3. Type gpedit.msc and click OK to open Local Group Policy Editor.
4. In the left pane, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > OneDrive.
5. On the right pane of OneDrive, double click on “Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage”
6. Select Enabled option then click on the OK button and close the Group Policy Editor Window.
7. Now open file Explorer, you will no longer see OneDrive in the navigation pane.
8. If you try opening the OneDrive app is going to be blocked.