If you are thinking of installing a program and you are afraid what it might do to you computer, I would recommend creating a restore point before you install that program, and here are the steps to do so. Note that most programs installs automatically create a restore point, but do this if you are really worried.
- Open up the Start Menu and right-click on Computer, and then select Properties.
- This will take you into the Control Panel. Click on the System Protection link on the left hand side.
- Now select the System Protection tab to get to the System Restore section.
- Click the Create button to create a new restore point. You’ll be prompted for a name, and you might want to give it a useful name that you’ll be able to easily identify later.
- Click the Create button, and then the system will create the restore point.
- When it’s all finished, you’ll get a message saying it’s completed successfully.
- Now if your computer acts up after you install the program, you can restore your computer using System Restore.