There are many ways to enable Remote Desktop on Windows 8 DP. I’ll show you a simple way to enable and access Windows 8 remotely from your LAN. To make it easy I Recommend to bring the control panel to the desktop.To do this follow the steps bellow:
- Right click on the desktop and click on Personalize, Click on Change Desktop Icons
- Then put a check mark on Control Panel to place an icon on the desktop.Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Make sure that the User that will be accessing Windows 8 remotely has a Password.
- Double click on the Control panel in the Desktop and select small icons from the drop-down category on the top right.
- Go to User account then click on manage account to add a password to the user by double clicking on the user.
Enable Remote Desktop on Windows 8
- Once you have created a password go back to the Control panel and click on system.
- Then Click on Remote Settings.
- Check mark Allow connections from computer running any version of remote desktop
- Click Apply and OK
To access Windows 8 Remotely you will also need the IP address. To find your IP address on windows 8
- Press the Windows Key plus R
- In the Run window type CMD and click OK to open the Command Prompt window.
- In the Command prompt window type ipconfig and press enter key.
Don’t worry about the firewall rules, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 does that for you automatically. If you are running a firewall other than default, you should configure it to open port 3389.