If you are running into the Error 3002 and Error 3200 during the iOS 5 update process.This solution should work for both Mac and Windows users.
- Must have iTunes 10.5 installed
- You need to download the iOS 5 IPSW files from the Apple servers or click the link that corresponds to your iOS5 device – iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 GSM, iPhone 4 CDMA, iPad (original), iPad 2 WiFi, iPad 2 GSM, iPad 2 CDMA. The IPSW files are 700+ MB in size so it might take a little while to download.
- Once the firmware file has downloaded, close the iTunes software and also disconnect your iPhone / iPad from the computer.
- Copy and paste the IPSW file to the following location:
Mac OS X: [user]/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates/
Windows XP: Documents and Settings[username]Application DataApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates
Windows Vista and 7: [user]AppDataRoamingApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates
4. Now plug-in your iOS device to the computer using the USB cable, launch iTunes and click Update to upgrade your device to iOS 5. This time it will pick the local .ipsw files and upgrade without errors.
Now, it should automatically pick the local .ipsw files and upgrade the device without any -error (Neither iOS 5 update errors 3002 nor iOS 5 update errors 3200).
If you can’t find the folder follow this instructions:
For Windows XP, Windows 7 and Vista Users:
- Click Start,Control Panel,Folder Option,View tab.
- Put a Bullet beside Show hidden files and folders.
- Then Click Apply and ok.