Windows XP does not have the feature of booting from a USB flash drive. But you can still install windows XP from USB flash drive. This becomes very useful if your CD/DVD ROM is not working.Or you wish to install Windows XP really fast.
To Install Windows XP from a USB Flash Drive:
1. Download the software Win to Flash . It does not need installation. After running the setup file the following screen will appear.
2. Click on the big checkmark to use the transfer wizard.
3.Then place a check mark to always start in wizard mode.Next.
4. Select the source path of the windows installation disk or copy and then the path of your USB flash drive.
5. Now the exact bootable copy will be made in the USB Flash drive.
6. You can now install Windows XP from Flash drive.
To set up the computer to boot from the USB
1. Go into the BIOS by pressing F2 or Delete to go into the setup (BIOS) depending on the computer you have.
2. There look for Boot tab.
3. Make the USB device to be the first boot device.
4. F10 to save yes to confirm and re-start.