Windows 7 lets you create wireless hotspot by means of which you can instantly share any internet connection. This is useful in case you have a wired internet connection and would like to share it with your laptop.
If you have a Windows 7 laptop or PC connected to wired internet and also have a Wi-Fi adapter, you can convert your Windows 7 PC into a Wi-Fi hotspot and share it’s internet connection without the need of Wireless router.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Connect your Windows 7 PC to a wired internet connection.
2. Click Start—> Control Panel
3. Set “View by: Category” to Small icons then click on “Network and Sharing Center”
4. Click “Change adapter settings” on the top left.
5. Right click “Local Area Connection” this should be your wired connection to the internet.
6. Click on Properties.
7. Select Sharing tab.
8. Check ” Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection“. Click ok.
9. Go back to the Network and Sharing Center.
10. Click on “Setup a new connection or network”
11. Scroll down and select “Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network” and then click “Next”.
12. Click “Next”.
13. Give a name to your wifi network. Choose Security type as “WPA2-Personal” and give a security key. Check the box “Save this network”. Click “Next”.
14. Windows will then show you the wifi hotspot name and network security key. You will have to enter this network security key when you connect to this wifi hotspot from another PC. Click “Close”.
15. At this point you have now successfully created the wifi hotspot. Another PC can now connect to the wifi hotspot, and it will have internet connection.