VMware Windows XP Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.
If you get this error when installing Windows XP in VMware simply do the following:
- Download this floppy image which contains the VMware SCSI drivers: vmscsi-220.127.116.11.flp.
- Edit the virtual machine settings select Hardware tab and click on Add to add a Floppy Drive. Next
- in the Floppy Media Type select Use a physical floppy drive. Next
- In the Select a Physical Device Un-check Connect at power on. FInish
- Re-select the floppy drive under Hardware tab. and Select Use floppy image file on the right under Connection.
- Browse for the vmscsi-18.104.22.168.flp. that we Downloaded initially to selected.
- Once selected make sure that Connect at power on is not checked and that the floppy file is pointing to the correct file.
- Now power on the Windows XP Virtual Machine
- Press F6 when you see the message “Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver…” at the bottom of the screen.
- Connect Floppy Drive. while the virtual machine is on go to the settings of the virtual machine and select connected under device status.
- Press S, then press Enter to select the VMware SCSI Controller driver, then press Enter again to continue with the setup.