Exchange Server 2013 lets you achieve more with rich Outlook experiences on many devices such as phones, tablets, desktop, and sure on the Web. also, there is a great feature comes with Exchange such as Outlook, SharePoint, and OneDrive for Business that helps you experience collaboration better when you are receiving, editing and sharing documents without closing Outlook.
Plus the new search capabilities deliver faster performance and more accurate results. Inbox enhancements in Outlook 2013 and Outlook on the web, such as inline previews for URLs and inline video, help you stay focused and productive.
1. The Active Directory forest functional level must be at least Server 2003.
2. The Active Directory site must contain at least one Global Catalog server and a writable domain controller.
3. Exchange Server must be a member of Domain Controller.
4. Perform Windows Update and reboot the Mail Server.
5. Install .NET Framework 4.5 in Mail Server. In most cases, this feature is installed by default.
6. Install Remote Server Administration ToolKit in Mail Server. Use PowerShell cmdlet, Install-WindowsFeature RSAT-ADDS.
7. Run the following command in Windows PowerShell to install other required components:
Install-WindowsFeature AS-HTTP-Activation, Desktop-Experience, NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, RSAT-Clustering-CmdInterface, RSAT-Clustering-Mgmt, RSAT-Clustering-PowerShell, Web-Mgmt-Console, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, Windows-Identity-Foundation
8. Download and install Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API 4.0, Core Runtime 64-bit in Mail Server.
9. Download and install Microsoft Office 2010 Filter Pack 64 bit in Mail Server.
10. Download and install Microsoft Office 2010 Filter Pack SP1 64 bit in Mail Server.
Install Exchange Server 2013
1. Insert the Exchange Server 2013 Disc into your CD-ROM, or you can download the ISO file from the official website from HERE, and run it.
2. After your Exchange Server is up to date, the installation process will copy the required files.
3. Once the copying process is done, the installer will initialize the setup.
4. On this step, you can read the information about Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and after that click Next.
5. Read the license terms and select “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and click Next.
6. On this page of the installation wizard, select “Don’t use recommended settings” and click Next.
7. Install both “Mailbox” and “Client Access server role”, after that click Next.
8. Set the destination folder for the installation files, or if you have enough capacity on your hard-disk you can leave the default location.
9. Enter the name of your organization and click Next.
10. On this step, it’s recommended to enable malware scanning.
11. Now the installation process will some checks and then start to install.
12. Once the check process is done, click Install.
13. After the setup is complete, make sure to check “Launch Exchange Administration Center after finishing Exchange setup” and click Finish.
14. Now log in with your domain credentials.
15. Now you can configure your Exchange server and also you can open it through the web console by typing “https://localhost/ecp” on your web browser.
You should be able to know how to install Microsoft Exchange server 2013, and how you can access it from your web browser.